LETTER OF INTENT
On the initiative of Mulhouse, a group of cities known as “Cities of the First Industrial Revolution” or “Little Manchester” have decided to meet, get acquainted and federate via the network, “Innovative Red Brick Cities ®”.
These cities are unquestionably emblematic of the First Industrial Revolution, that of the steam engine, the power loom and the railway.
Although the initial entrepreneurship of these cities was challenged by technological, economic and social changes, it is worth noting that:
- these industrial towns have continued to develop since the Second, Third and now during a Fourth Industrial Revolution;
- this entrepreneurial spirit is part of the DNA of these regions, as is demonstrated through numerous initiatives.
- the restoration and conversion of industrial sites;
- the promotion of the cities’ technological heritage through education and tourism by using industry collections with outstanding potential;
- the development of new companies and activities within the framework of the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Let’s hope it will inspire you as well!